Thursday, July 12, 2007

***Highlights***

"Someone once said; 'It’s the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time. Me… I just wanna live a life I’m gonna remember. Even if I don’t write it down.'"

It has been a while since I've logged on and publish any kinds of updates to my on-goings since the surgery. Maybe a short highlight is sufficient. But knowing me it will never me short!!! :P

Where do I begin??? Ok, let's start from after the surgery.....It was PAIN PAIN PAIN all the way!!!!It was so unbearable....I was furious...fumed with anger....this time everything was even more limited...Only soft diet...difficulty going to the toilet for no.1 even worse for
no.2...walking was such a torture!!!...bathing???urghhh don't need to go there and then there is the ikan haruan soup, yuck!!!All in all total pain...hated every minute of the recovery, literally!!!....Most of all I hated the part where I cannot be fully taking care of Daanya. This include not being able to give her her bottle and that instantly means she sleeps with nenek and atok at night (this was when we spent the first week post-op there). I was terrified that she would not even recognize me. But luckily enough that did not happen. Is it true that babies never forget their mommy? I do hope so...especially when I have to go to work soon....arrghhhh...hate the thought...

Well, anyway...
I put up a brave front and was so determined to get better for Daanya's sake. I endeavoured the ikan haruan soup and tonic every single day...double yuck!!Until Daanya's Tok Papa gave me this Gamat Jelly to try...major difference...I felt so much stronger and noticed that my wound was drying up beautifully. I only had to deal with the soreness internally...according to Dr. Siti the stitches inside may need some time to recover. Had my last follow-up check up with her last Wednesday and she warned me of not getting myself pregnant for at least a year....hahhahaha i thought that was hilarious. She mentioned about prevention methods and all...segan giler!!! Anyway, she was concerned that should I do get pregnant, the pregnancy may cause the would inside to extend therefore making it not able to heal properly.Don't worry Doc, not planning to get preggie anytime soon...and those preventive measures..we'll definitely bare in mind (right yang????) :P

Now 36 days (as of 16/7/2007) post op...still dealing with the soreness and the latest development is itchiness!!!huwaaaa...horrible...i want to scratch and scratch the place where my wound is on my tummy....Hazmy said that means its healing...but it is so unbearably itchy!
Other than that I start work today, so all mixed feelings lar. Daanya is at Tok Papa and Tok Sha's place. They came early this morning to pick her up..at 7am...hard to let go but I know she will be safe and in good hands...

Ok more updates and highlights...Hazmy celebrated his 28th birthday last 29th June...I was so worried that this year I could not get him the birthday he deserved (especially after all that moving and transporting, really appreciate
it yang, love u!) moreover with my condition...but this time I was very lucky that Mama was not as strict as the time during confinement....in total discomfort Daanya's Uncle Adik and I drove to Lorenzo Kelana Jaya and got Hazmy what I thought was appropriate...a recliner!!! Tadaaaaa!!!hehehhehe....since it was on 50% discount, I immediately purchased it though what it meant was I would be "kering" for the month...but it was ok...as long as it puts a smile on my sayang...so the recliner came on "the day" when Hazmy was at work. (Thank you Z for komploting with me) and had wrapped a big nice red ribbon on it and placed his birthday card as well as Daanya's card to daddy on the chair...it was perfectly set right in front of our tv...Cun! Then in the evening we went to get ice cream cake and planned for his mom and sis as well as my family to come over to celebrate.It was all good...a new baby, new house, new beginnings! (was that what you wished for hun?)

Oh, did I mentioned? We've moved out of my dad's apartment into our own home. Finally, our own little pad...I think that it is just perfect for the 3 of us. Only objective now is to make it more cozy for us to live in...alot of repairs to be done and all...but slowly we'll do just that. I've taken an interest for gardening now that we have a small little garden...went to Sg Buloh with MIL and SIL and had spent 100 bucks and brought back so many...A definite good deals there!!! Did some planting and so far it looks good...just a little more planning and new patches of grass...should do me proud!What is important is that I want to make the house a comfort zone, beautify it that it becomes our own retreat and a place we can call sanctuary...*sigh*

Now the most important highlight for the month of June 2007 is my little Daanya. As of 23rd June, she turned 3 months. Weighed at 6.8kgs on her 3rd month check up and as usual got her jab... on the butt this time...cried for a while but was laughing and smiling after. Comel!She has managed to turn over or rather roll over and when she's on her tummy she was able to coordinate herself and lift her little buttocks and push herself forward....what a sight!!! I was and still am so proud of her...She is more inquisitive now...observing her environment...and now able to recognize faces....one unfamiliar face and that is it...she would make that sad soapy face and cry....awwwww!!! It feels so exhilarating to watch them grown and develop right before your eyes...Mommy loves you to bits sweetie pie!

Basically that is that for June....hmmmm on that note...I do hope and pray for new beginnings. A life not pretentious...a life that we can lead and call our own...Tok papa and tok Sha adviced yesterday that we should lead our lives and not be afraid to make decisions. because that is how we learn...it is ok to make mistakes...most of all everything that we do now,any decisions that we make should be focussed on Daanya, her well-being and safety...very wise, I thought!


0 comments: